ATHAR Centre offers general support and advice on conservation / restoration, museum and collection management among others, to professionals working in the fields of cultural heritage in its member states. These services are offered in the following cases:
- Responses to ad hoc requests from member states;
- Liaison with partner organizations for joint activities;
- Representation of ATHAR Centre at other IGO and NGO meetings and projects;
- Preparation of reports for General Assembly, Council and advisory bodies of ICCROM, and external agencies (e.g. donors);
- Supervision of interns and assistance to fellows accepted at ICCROM under its Internship and Fellowship programme.