ICCROM-Sharjah works through the establishment of mutually beneficial partnerships with various institutions at national, regional and international levels.
- Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organisation (ALECSO)
- Arab Administrative Development Organisation of the League of Arab States (ARADO)
- Arab Regional Centre for World Heritage (ARC-WH), Bahrain
- American University of Sharjah, UAE
- New York University of Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Art Jameel Foundation
- British Council, Cultural Protection Fund
- Canadian Conservation Institute
- University of Cambridge (Centre for Heritage Studies, McDonald-Institute for Archaeological Research)
- Oxford University (Endangered Archaeology of the Middle East and North Africa (EAMENA) Project)
- Getty Conservation Institute (GCI)
- Global Heritage Fund (GHF)
- International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS)
- Government of Sharjah
- Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development, UAE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, UAE
- National Corporation for Antiquities and Museums (NCAM), Sudan
- National Museum of Oman
- Petra National Trust, Jordan
- Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA), Switzerland
- Sharjah Institute for Heritage
- Sharjah Museums Authority, UAE
- Société Marocaine d’Archéologie et du Patrimoine (SMAP), Morocoo
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- University of Sharjah, UAE
- Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO)
Benefits and Values for Partners
ICCROM’s strategic directions are guided by the benefits and added values brought to its partners:
- As an organisation with a unique mandate, ICCROM has an established reputation and high quality of delivery in various fields of expertise for the conservation and management of cultural heritage.
- As an intergovernmental organisation, ICCROM has a global outreach through its Member States, which enables it to act as a knowledge platform for local, national and regional policies, programmes and activities for heritage conservation and management.
- As a catalyst and a think-tank in its fields of expertise, ICCROM promotes new and up-to-date approaches, thus contributing to the formulation of national and regional agendas in heritage conservation and management.
- As a specialised organisation, ICCROM has at its disposal a large network of public agencies, educational and research institutions, urban local bodies, NGOs and civic society organisations working regionally and internationally in the field of cultural heritage conservation and management.
- As a leading international organisation, ICCROM`s expertise contributes towards achieving the wellbeing of societies through cultural heritage.