- Doctor of Philosophy in Political Geography; Durham University; Durham, UK; 2 July 1999.
- Doctor of Philosophy with Distinction in History; Exeter University; Exeter, UK; on 22 July 1985.
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering; Cairo University; Cairo, Egypt; 1971.
- Elementary and Secondary Education; Sharjah, Dubai, and Kuwait.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in recognition of his outstanding contributions in the fields of policy, economics and culture, Hanyang University, South Korea, 16 September 2011.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in recognition of his outstanding academic and educational contributions, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan, 23rd April 2010.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Humane Letters; the American University in Cairo (AUC); in recognition of His generous contribution to education and culture at the national and international levels; Cairo, Egypt; 11 February 2009.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Arts; University of Sheffield; in appreciation of His efforts in spreading Arab and Islamic Culture and Civilization; Sheffield, UK; 11 November 2008.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Administration; University of Jordan; in recognition of His efforts in the scientific research and cultural fields in the UAE and Arab world; Amman, Jordan; 5 May 2008.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Philosophy; the University of Tübingen; in recognition of His long-term commitment and support of the research of the Department of Early Prehistory and Quaternary Ecology of the Institute of Prehistory, Protohistory and Medieval Archaeology of the University of Tübingen, His fostering of archaeological research and education in the Emirate of Sharjah, His role as an advocate and a sponsor of science and education both in the United Arab Emirates and abroad, and His distinguished achievement in the field of historical geography of Arabia and the Gulf Region; Tübingen, Germany; 30 October 2006.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree; Armenian Academy of Science; Yerevan, Armenia; 16 September 2005.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Administration; McMaster University; Hamilton, Canada; May 2004.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Laws; South Bank University; London, UK; 28 April 2003.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree; the University of Edinburgh; Edinburgh, UK; June 2001.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Philosophy in Education; International Islamic University of Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; 5 February 2001.
- Honorary Doctorate in History; the Eastern Studies Institute, Academy of Russian Studies; Moscow, Russia; 1995.
- Honorary Doctorate in Arabic and Islamic studies; Exeter University; Exeter, UK, 1993.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Law; Khartoum University; Khartoum, Sudan; 1986.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Science; Faculty of Agriculture, Faisalabad University; in recognition of His outstanding contribution in the fields of Agriculture and Education; Faisalabad, Pakistan; 19 April 1983.
- Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, England, 12 November 2009.
- Honorary President; Union of Arab Universities; 2009.
- Honorary President; Arab Theater Institute; 2008.
- Honorary President; Society of Arab Astronomy and Space Sciences; 2008.
- Honorary President; Islamic International Organization for the History of Sciences; 2008.
- Honorary Member; Union of Writers of Egypt; 2008.
- “Founding Member of the University of Exeter’s College of Benefactors”; Exeter University; in recognition of His generous and continuous support of higher education and research; Sharjah, UAE;14 May 2007.
- “Member of the Companion of The Guild of Cambridge Benefactors”; Cambridge University; in recognition of His generous support of the continuation of the University’s commitment to teaching and research; Cambridge, UK; 21 June 2004.
- “Honorary Member of the National Geographic Society”; in recognition of His support of the diffusion of geographical knowledge and promotion of research and exploration; Washington Dc, USA; January 2004.
- Honorary President; Egyptian Association for the Study of History; 2001.
- Honorary President; Council of World University Service (WUS); 1998.
- Honorary President; Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services; 1998.
- Honorary Member; Centre of Middle East & Islamic Studies; University of Durham; Durham, U.K, 22 October 1992.
To view the personal website for H.H. Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council, and Ruler of Sharjah via this link: www.drsultanbinmohammed.ae.